Tuesday 3 November 2015

Sofa Shelf - The Case for a Creator, Lee Strobel



This is one of the best books I’ve read in a while. First published in 2004 this is the most recent understandable sciencey book that I’ve read. In fairness I do try and stay away from science books because I find them quite dull. (Sorry to all science people everywhere.) But it’s not my subject, English and History are way more interesting, on the whole.

So what I was doing with a book that is clearly about science? Well apart from being on a bit of a mission to work my way through Lee Strobel’s book this is one that stood out for me. Like most children I was taught in school that evolution was correct, and although I didn’t buy the evolution theory I didn’t know how to give a valid reason for why I believed the Bible’s creation account. Other than that it was in the Bible.

Early on in The Case for a Creator Strobel outlines how he started in the evolution camp but has come to firmly believe in the existence of a creator. What I find shocking is the lack of evidence for evolution and how many scientists no long think that it is a valid theory.

Not every chapter was of great use to me because some of it was beyond me (not into science you see). But there were some chapters that I found astounding. Chapter 7 was called The Evidence of Astronomy and was all about how the universe and the position of our planet show that there must be a creator. I find looking at the vast array of stars fascinating and reading this chapter was just like spending an hour stargazing.


I would recommend this book if you want to find out what evidence there is for a creator and why evolution maybe isn’t the valid theory that we were taught it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment