Monday 14 May 2018

Pre-Order Joy


Last week was brightened for me by the arrival of a book I had on pre-order. And what really made it sweet was that I had only found out about its existence by accident the week before, and it was on a subject that I’ve been meaning to read up on for a long time. So what was the book I hear you ask – well it was none other than The French Revolution by Stephen Clarke. It might not sound that exciting but Stephen Clarke is the author of 1000 Years of Annoying the French. Sound better now? If you’ve never read it I highly recommend it because Clarke is excellent at making history funny. Which is why I’m hoping that reading The French Revolution will make reading up on that period of history easier to swallow. Oh and I’ve always wanted to find out more about the French Revolution since I read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.

And no I haven’t finished Kenilworth yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment