Monday 30 November 2020

Sofa Spotlight - On Reading Well, Karen Swallow Prior

This is a book that features highly on my list of best books read this year. It looks at different novels, such as The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain and A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, and analyses the motivations and values of the different characters. It certainly puts a different perspective on some of the literature that I’ve read.

My concern was that I’d not read all the novels that this book covers and that I might lose interest in the chapters that covered my unread reading list. But I found those chapters equally interesting and I’m now looking forward to reading those books.

This is certainly a book that makes you think and enhances your reading experience. It is a book I would definitely recommend and it would make a good present for the book lover that has read everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment