Monday 16 December 2019

Sofa Spotlight - The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I don’t know about you but sometimes there are books out there that you know you should read but somehow you never get around to it. For me this was one of those books. And given how short a book it is there was no excuse at all! Short as it might be, there is some serious power in its pages.

The story follows a crashed pilot who has landed in the desert. There he meets the little prince who is visiting Earth from another planet. He tells the pilot his story, about the planet he is from and the other planets he has visited on his journey. From each part of his journey come lessons that can be drawn from the threads of the lessons that the little prince is also learning. 


I loved this book. It was over far too soon and I was so sorry to see the little prince go. He has been one of the hardest characters to say goodbye to when a book is finished. So if you’ve never read this, take an afternoon over Christmas and open it up and enjoy it. I’m certain that you won’t regret it. Although the question I’m left with right now is, how did I never hear of this book when I was a child? 

No comments:

Post a Comment