Monday 2 December 2019

Sofa Spotlight - Lock Every Door, Riley Sager

This was nominated for the goodreads thriller of the year award and I was very sad to see that it didn’t win! If you were with me at any point when I was reading this you would know that I loved it, couldn’t stop reading it nor would I shut up about what I thought was coming next.

The idea is that a luxury apartment building, The Bartholomew, needs apartment sitters to keep an eye on the empty apartments. Qualifications for this job seem to be that you have no family or friends who would come looking for you. They don’t say that outright but you get the vibe. Enter the main character who has come to sit one of the apartments.

At first I thought I’d picked up a ghost story but it’s much much better than that. The Bartholomew is full of secrets and odd characters. One of whom is an author who wrote a book set in The Bartholomew.

Like I said, when I read this I couldn’t put it down. Nor could I stop trying to guess what would happen. I nearly got it right but I was close enough to the truth to be both satisfied with my efforts and how the book ended. If you read any book this year it should be this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment