Monday 4 May 2020

Sofa Spotlight - Bare Bones, Kathy Reichs


As I mentioned when I reviewed 204 Bones by Kathy Reichs, I am a huge fan of the TV series Bones. Which is what has led me to the books. Although I would like to point out that I actually read one of the books first. Which is why around Christmas I progressed to Bare Bones.

It was a fun read, if a bit gruesome along the way. There are many threads and ultimately bodies to be discovered in this book. The first is the remains of a newborn baby in a woodstove. Maybe murder, maybe not. Then a small plane crashes and there’s two more unidentified bodies to deal with. And then more remains on a farm not far away. As we know they all have to be connected right?

How it all ties together is what I love about murder mysteries and it’s also what I enjoyed so much about the TV series. And of course there is the excellent dramatic ending. I love these books, but there is a bit of gore that makes me feel funny but if you’re good with that you would probably enjoy these. This one feels like a particularly good summer read.

No comments:

Post a Comment