Friday 1 January 2021

Sofa Spotlight - Finding the Right Hills to Die on, Gavin Ortland

I think this is a great title and I was certainly intrigued to find out what was meant by theological triage. In I jumped and thoroughly enjoyed the journey that I took. The book is all about assessing our own theological viewpoints and determining which ones are the ones that we need to guard and which ones don’t need to be fought over.

What I found to be really excellent about this book was the humility of the author. At no point does he try to tell the reader what they should thing about doctrine or which doctrines to hold as most important. What he does instead is to explain the value of different doctrines and how we can decide what is important and what is not worth falling out over.

There were many highlights for me through this book, but one was the immense damage that Christians have done to one another over disagreements on theology. It showed why it’s important to keep things in perspective and work towards unity.

Brilliant book, well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment