Tuesday 23 June 2015

It's All in the Language

That is what I have learnt anyway. My favourite story so far in The Jungle Books is called Rikki-tiki-Tavi. Let me just tell you now that is brilliant. Worth buying the book for. The title is the name of a mongoose who protects a family from a pair of nasty Cobras. Heartwarming doesn't do it justice. There is everything in this story and the tension really got to me. Thankfully being aware that it was written for children helped me out because those kinds of stories have to end well so no matter how tense it gets you know it will come good.

Anyway Rikki-tiki is now my favourite mongoose. It may be true that I am not aware of any other mongoose but something about the story makes me think that he is not your average mongoose. Either way the thought of a sensible down to earth mongoose willing to fight for those he loves makes for a good story and I well recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment