Friday 5 June 2015

Preservation

If you've been reading previous posts you will know that I am reading The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. I'm currently about half way through and so far I would say that it is worth a read. In previous posts I've talked about how the book starts but here is what I've found as I've worked my way through some of the early chapters.

If you've ever wondered if the accounts of Jesus' life in the Bible have been reliably preserved then the chapter is the one to read. Strobel interviews Dr Bruce Metzger, who has written books on the text of the New Testament. When Strobel went to interview him he was professor emeritus at Princeton Theological Seminary. In the book Strobel gives an overview of the work of Dr Metzger which shows why he thought him a good person to interview on the subject of the reliability of the New Testament. 

For me when I read it a lot of what I read wasn't new information but I enjoyed refreshing my memory with it, and some stuff I didn't know so I learnt something too. Bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment