Monday 11 November 2019

Sofa Spotlight - Darkness Follows, L A Weatherly

The sequel to Broken Sky and although I found the start a little tricky I would say it’s equally as good and intriguing. And full marks because I did not see the ending coming!!!

I had a little trouble with the start because it deals with concentration camps and given that I was reading this soon after having read Gulag Archipelago and The Diary of a Young Girl I found it a bit hard to take. That’s not to say that it wasn’t well written, it was, and very believable. It just wasn’t great timing because I was still processing the horrendous true stories I had read.

But the whole story didn’t just involve concentration camps so it’s all good. In this book the characters of Amity, Collie and Ingo are developed further and Collie is the interesting party in all this because you’re not certain about any of his motives. My favourite character so far is Ingo and if I’m rooting for anyone it’s him. He seems to be the most honest of the bunch. Just hoping a plot twist doesn’t take him out.

If you enjoyed Broken Sky then you need to read this. Because otherwise, how will you know what happens next?! It’s a great series for fans of the YA dystopian novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment