Friday 15 August 2014

Could another challenge be looming?

As EG and I run out of time to read over 60 books by the end of September, a few thoughts have occurred to us. We thought that this challenge may have been a bit of a mistake. EG is half way there but I am nowhere near half way, and with little time left, victory does not look like it is coming. But we shall not give up. I think we are just going for the pride that we will get for who has read the most.

However, we have turned our minds to future challenges and we have some ideas. For now they are secret ideas (because we are checking they are achievable first) but I would be interested to know if you have any ideas for a future challenge, or if you are involved in a challenge yourself. Any ideas left as a comment will be put into our ideas pot (a metaphorical pot) and who knows what will happen...

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm my comment just disappeared so not sure if it's saved or not. I'll write it again (what I can remember of it anyway) just in case…

    I came across an online challenge a while back that I fancy having a go at at some point: the 20th century challenge where you read 100 books, one published in each year. GoodReads also has some ideas: A-Z challenges of authors or titles, get 10 friends to recommend you a book to get you out of your reading comfort zone….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds brill! I like the sound of that. I shall check out GoodReads too. Than ks for the ideas :)

      Delete
  2. All the Mr Men and Little Miss books should bump up your total quickly- plus the Dr Seuss collection!

    ReplyDelete