Monday 5 October 2020

Sofa Spotlight - Never Fade, Alexandra Bracken

 I was nervous about reading this book. The Darkest Minds was so good that I was concerned that the sequel wouldn’t be that good. For me it can go either way. And this went a good way. It was different enough to be exciting in its own right but at the same time followed nicely from The Darkest Minds.

The story continues to follow Ruby as she struggles to adjust to the outside world and her orange ability. She’s also dealing with the consequences of some of her actions in the previous book. What’s great about this is the new characters that come along. Jude is my favourite and I hold my breath every time he is anywhere near anything dangerous. Vida is also high on my list of fave characters, she’s got some great lines.

We also get to see quite a bit more of the Children’s League and Liam’s brother Cole. It took me a while to make my mind up about Cole, but I reached a decision in the end.

An excellent book, the series continues to keep me guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment