Friday 26 March 2021

Sofa Spotlight - Jane Austen: Her Life, Park Honan

If you’re anything like me you’ve probably grown up knowing the classic works of Jane Austen. You’ve probably even studied a few. I remember studying Pride and Prejudice at 16 and being amazed at how much was in it. From there the door was open to go and explore the other works, and whenever I read them I love them just as much as the first time I read them.

So then it occurred to me that I didn’t know much about Jane Austen. In an effort to correct that I picked up this biography of her life. And, I’m not going to lie, it was hard going. But in the spirit of not giving up on a book, I persevered. And I’m half glad I did. I accomplished the goal of learning more about Jane Austen, but I also feel that I could have chosen a better option. And if you know of an informative and fairly easy read biography then I’m all ears. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment