Monday 15 March 2021

Sofa Spotlight - Resthaven, Erik Therme

This book felt like a horror but without the really scary stuff that makes horror unbearable for me. Resthaven is a bout a group of teenage girls that find themselves trapped in a supposedly empty care home, which is set to be demolished.

Obviously, the care home is not empty and there’s all sorts of adventures to be had as they look for a way out. The ending is excellent in how dramatic it is and is open ended so there’s space for imagination and thought as to what happens next to the main characters.

For me this was a fun thriller without being too frightening and without a load of gore that I’m not a huge fan of. And the feeling I had although the way through was that I wasn’t going to read anything graphic and so it was quite a safe read in that sense. Would recommend if you’re looking for something quick, light and intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment