Thursday 2 April 2015

April Fools

It's already April, and so far I have had a shocking year for reading. Yesterday, however was not a shocking day as far as April fooling went. I had success and others had disappointment when I didn't believe their little tales! Somehow I just didn't believe that Chris Froome would be near my sister's house to film a documentary, nor did I believe that Justin Bieber had sent me a box of merchandise in response to a letter I had supposedly written to him. Good effort, but it didn't work.

With the start of April I'm going to start a new book. I've opted for something shorter than Les Mis, I don't think it's even a tenth of the size. Speaking of Les Mis I watched the film version of that last week and I just didn't get it. I did find it entertaining, but I don't think that it lived up to the hype that I had heard about it. Maybe I'm missing something but it just didn't appeal to me. Anyway back to this new book that I'm going to start. It's called Captains Courageous and it's by Rudyard Kipling. Anyone read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment