Monday 6 April 2015

Sofa Shelf - The Courageous

Captains Courageous - Rudyard Kipling

When I started reading Rudyard Kipling I didn't want to start with the Jungle Books just in case I wasn't a fan and it put me off for life. So I have started with Captains Courageous which in no way feels like a courageous read! It is short, about 127 pages, so no Les Mis! But also from what I've read so far it is a gentle story, so nothing like the terror of In Cold Blood. It's about a 15 year old boy who is the son of a multimillionaire, but who gets seasick on a journey to England and is washed overboard. He is picked up by a crew of fishermen who can't return him to shore until the end of the season which is four or five months away. From what I can gather the story is about what happens to Harvey during those months aboard the fishing boat. Shouldn't take too long to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment