Friday 24 April 2015

Blood of the chilled kind

Having finished Captains Courageous, it's probably time that I worked my way through In Cold Blood. To be fair I'm not doing too badly, I'm upto the point where the murderers have been caught and are awaiting trial. I'm still unsure what I think about this kind of book. Although I think it's a good idea to make it clear that their actions are criminal it did give them both a lot of publicity and they and their crime are now famous, or they were anyway.

At this stage in the book it is less chilling, and less likely to keep me awake at night. But as you get to know Smith and Hickock you end up liking them a little bit, maybe not Hickock but certainly Smith. The problem is that you have to remember that underneath their charm they were ruthless killers and that they had to face up to their crimes. From what I can tell some of the people in the book had this problem too, so it's not just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment