Monday 12 August 2019

Me and My Reading Challenge for 2019 Part 2

It occurred to me as I posted last week that my list of books that I am currently reading is not far off being as long as the one that I have read. So below is that list. Again I'm not planning to review all of them but if there is a title that you would like to see me review comment below.

Waverley - Sir Walter Scott
Not far enough in to have a valid opinion on this yet but it seems to be headed in the general direction of a typical Walter Scott adventure. See Ivanhoe and Kenilworth.

Darkness Follows - L. A. Weatherly
The second in this series following Broken Sky and just as good.

As Kingfishers Catch Fire - Eugene H. Peterson
Read it last year but so much in it I'm reading it again.

As Sure as the Dawn - Francine Rivers
The final book in The Mark of the Lion series. Looking forward to seeing how it concludes.

Furious Hours - Casey Cep
About a book that Harper Lee didn't write.

The Patricide of George Benjamin Hill - James Charlesworth
Not read enough to really know what this about yet.

The Pastor - Eugene H. Peterson
It's a book about Eugene Peterson by Eugene Peterson. Interesting to see what influenced him.

Jane Austen - Park Honan
Realised I'd never read a biography about Jane Austen so correcting that error.

Jane Austen in Hollywood  - Linda Troost, Sayre N. Greenfield
See above but these are essays about the films.

The Chemist - Stephenie Meyer
It's certainly not twilight but definitely edge of the seat stuff

The Essex Serpent - Sarah Perry
Loving this so much that I nearly read it in one day. Very close to finishing it and reviewing it properly.

The Key to the Half Worlds - Andrew Chaplin
Only one chapter in but I'm so so intrigued by this.

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Second time of reading and I'm going to try not to cry this time.

Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
Should have read before but haven't - correcting that error.

The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls
Came highly recommended and I can see why.

Comeback - Lyn Ashwood, Rachel Rose
A novel about K-Pop - very different but very good.

A History of Ancient Egypt - John Romer
I like History and Egypt and expanding my knowledge.

Bacon Sandwiches and Salvation - Adrian Plass
I needed a laugh.

C. S. Lewis - Alister E McGrath
Realised I'd never read a biography about C. S. Lewis so correcting that error.

It's a ridiculous list I know, but I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment