Monday 5 August 2019

Me and my Reading Challenge for 2019 Part 1

It's the first Monday in August and I'm a little bit shocked to discover how far through the year we are. Which led me to thinking about how my reading challenge was going. I've never had one for myself before. My housemate and fellow reader EG had a competition a few years ago as to who could read the most and I failed dramatically. Every Christmas we compete to see who can read the most over the holidays but really I don't stand a chance - EG is in a league of her own.

So this year I decided to tackle my very own challenge - to read one book a week, so 52 books in total. And for your delectation and delight I have decided to let you in on where I'm up to with that. A couple of weeks ago I listed what I had read so far this year, but often with this blog what appears on here is a long way behind what I am actually reading. With this list there will be some duplication of the previous list, but as I have a list of books to review as long as my arm there will be some previews of what is coming up later this year. The other thing to mention is that I don't review everything that I read, so if there is a title on this list that you would like to hear my thoughts about comment below and let me know.

Otherwise enjoy:

An Echo in the Darkness - Francine Rivers


Le Tour: A History of the Tour de France - Geoffrey Wheatcroft


The  French Revolution and What Went Wrong - Stephen Clarke


Shoot Your Shot: A Sport-Inspired Guide to Living Your Best Life - Vernon Brundage Jr.


Ronaldo: The Phantom Carrot Snatcher - Maxine Sylvester


The Tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather Morris


A Journey of Three Degrees - A. L. Kent


To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee


The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins


Broken Sky - L. A. Weatherly


Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places - Eugene H. Peterson


The Sicilian Woman's Daughter - Linda Lo Scuro


Mortom - Erik Therme


A Stranger in the House - Shari Lapena


Dewey - Vicki Myron


Eat This Book - Eugene Peterson


Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen


The Gulag Archipelago - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn


Defiance - Jason Krumbine


The Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank


Extinction of All Children - L. J. Epps


Twilight - Stephenie Meyer


Related by Blood - Holly Sheidenberger


As you can see I've a long way to go and haven't quite managed one a week, but there's plenty of time to catch up. At some point in the future I will give you the list of books I'm reading right now. I've a good ten or so on the go.

Remember comment below if you want my thoughts on any of the titles above.

No comments:

Post a Comment