Monday 26 August 2019

Sofa Spotlight - Dewey, Vicky Myron


So I am very late to the party with this one, but its better late than never. Dewey is the story of a kitten who was pushed into the book return box at a local library and abandoned. He was adopted by the library staff and the people of the town and took up residence in the library itself.

It’s a really heart-warming story that if you’ve not yet read you should do. I found myself very quickly absorbed, and in need of tissues at the end. It might be because this weekend marks the end of the first year since our two rescue cats moved in. They too have taken up residence and despite my reluctance found their way to my heart (although I still don’t appreciate having to clean up after them)

As much as Dewey is the story of a cat it is a story that has wider implications on how we view life and one another. What I liked is that Myron was clear on how the effect that Dewey had is not an effect that can be achieved by just any cat, it has to be the right cat with the right temperament. Which is fair – I can’t imagine of either of mine putting up with being amongst so many people all the time.

If you haven’t read it you should, it’s easy to get into and there was only a couple of chapters that I found hard going. If you have read it, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment