Monday 12 April 2021

Sofa Spotlight - Passenger to Frankfurt, Agatha Christie

If I was not prepared for Towards Zero, I was definitely not prepared for Passenger to Frankfurt. Again I went in blind, no reading of blurbs or anything like that. Just wanting the story to speak for itself, and I was surprised at what this was about.

It isn’t a murder mystery so much as an attempt at a spy thriller. It’s set in a world where someone posing as Hitler’s son is trying to restart the campaign that Hitler began, and is trying to influence the world’s youth to rise up and take power. The fate of the world seems to rest on them being able to find and use a drug or gas, similar to tear gas, that makes those that inhale it permanently benevolent.

I think that I just found this book a little too bizarre and I couldn’t work out what was going on towards the end. Some things I did guess right, but it was a bit too vague for me to really know what the outcome was. Not my favourite read but it was alright and intriguing because of how different it was to other Christie novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment