Tuesday 15 April 2014

Sofa Shelf Update

This is how it is going so far.

A Book of Narrative Verse - edited bt V. H. Collins

Haven't read it for a while. Not sure I want to for a bit.

The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith

Still liking this, although I'm not half way through yet. No idea who the murderer is, I'm trying to decide if the obvious culprit is a bluff and it is someone more obscure or it could be obvious and you're meant to think that it is too obvious. Round and round in circles I go!

Racing Through the Dark - The Fall and Rise of David Millar

Read a little more, but I haven't had a chance to properly sit down with it. What I have read is keeping me interested, probably because I love anything bike related. As my first experience of an autobiography it is going fairly well. Could just be because of the bikes though.

Holiness - J. C. Ryle

I've finished this one. Find out what I thought about it here. And it gets me another star on the chart.

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Not far from finishing. I still don't think that it is as good as Angels and Demons but it's alright. I can't remember how it pans out in the end so that keeps my interest a little bit. I have found some of the comments on Christianity interesting but I will talk about them when I've finished.

The Woodlanders - Thomas Hardy 

Not how I thought this book was going to be. There is a great character (who has actually just fallen in my esteem) in the form of a mysterious doctor who works through the night. The people in the village think he has sold his soul to the devil so you can picture him for yourself. Looking forward to finding out what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment