Monday 26 May 2014

Sofa Shelf Update: How I was Scared by a Door

Reading when I can:

A Book of Narrative Verse - compiled by V. H. Collins

Or in this case, not reading when I can.

The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith 

:(

Racing Through the Dark - The Fall and Rise of David Millar

I'm up to the point where he has been arrested and is trying to put his life back together. Been sad reading this part.

Celebrated Crimes - Alexandre Dumas

Progress. I've finished the bit about the Borgia family. From what I could gather they used their influence, whether that was financial or violent, to get what they want. But then the one who is Pope dies and they have to run for cover as everyone tries to get their own back. Also read the one about Joan of Naples. That was just sad, everyone tried to kill everyone else and I didn't really understand what was going on most of the time. 

One Thousand and One Ghosts - Alexandre Dumas 

Got scared reading this one earlier in the week. Not because the contents were that spooky, although they were sort of bordering on scary, but because the wind was blowing my bedroom door shut and I thought it was someone knocking on the back door. It took me a full ten minutes to pluck up the courage to go and look. Yep, I'm a wuss.

The House of the Seven Gables - Nathaniel Hawthorne

Finished this. This is what I thought.

A Life's Ambition - Alexandre Dumas

No reading happening here.

The Journal of Madame Giovanni - Alexandre Dumas

Or here.

The Prince of Thieves - Alexandre Dumas

Or here.

Dig Even Deeper - Andrew Sach & Richard Alldritt

Finished this one. This is what I thought.

Le Tour - Geoffrey Wheatcroft

Early days yet, but looks good. The Tour de France has come along way since the first edition. My favourite bit was reading about the fans of one rider attacking his rivals. Sounds more like what you hear about football. 

Sweet Poison - David Gillespie

There has been some science that I don't understand, but I'm getting the idea that too much sugar is the root of many problems.

Inferno - Dan Brown

So far I like it. No one seems to have been murdered... yet. But Langdon has lost his memory and I'm enjoying the piecing together of his memories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment