Thursday 1 May 2014

Sofa Shelf Update

Shocking how little I have read recently. 

A Book of Narrative Verse - compiled by V. H. Collins
Not read any.

The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith
Not read any of this either. More sad about not reading this one.

Racing Through The Dark - The Fall and Rise of David Millar
Not read. Cycled a bit though.

The Woodlanders - Thomas Hardy
Finished this one. Find out what I thought here. And it became book of the month

Matthew - J. C. Ryle
Finished this one too. Find out what I thought here.

Celebrated Crimes - Alexandre Dumas
This is one that I have read some of but not finished. It is good. Still with the Borgia family. In essence they poisoned and bribed their way into power and then did everything that they could to stay there, mainly using poison and bribery. Makes me glad that I live now and not in those times.

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
Dan Brown may be redeeming himself. It has a fast pace, already I'm a third of the way through. There is clearly a formula going on for his novels, but if it works that might not be a bad thing. So far, there has been a chase across a city and a building blown up, oh and some murders too. Typical Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment