Tuesday 6 May 2014

Sofa Shelf

A couple of new ones this week:

A Life's Ambition - Alexandre Dumas

The edition that I am reading comes from 1924 and was a Christmas present. It describes itself as the adventures and tribulations of an actor. It looks and feels old. Could be a quick read but that remains to be seen.

The Journal of Madame Giovanni - Alexandre Dumas.

I think this was first published in 1856, but my edition is from 1946. It is a bit of Dumas' travel writing and as the title suggests is the journal of a French lady who travels the world and records her adventures. Will probably be a harder read than A Life's Ambition but I look forward to it.

The Prince of Thieves - Alexandre Dumas

A tale of Robin Hood, although the man on the front cover looks suspiciously French. This is a true hardback, with front and back covers made of cardboard about an inch thick. It looks hideous but I think I am going to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment