Saturday 10 May 2014

The Lengths that I will go to in Order to Win!

With 58 books left to read before the end of September I've had to come up with a plan to help me win. EG has 49 left to read, so I also have some serious catching up to do. My cunning plan? Children's books.

My copy used to be a library book.
Doesn't look like it was taken out much between
March 1978 and June 1986
In my defence I'm only reading one, and it is an old one. 161 years old to be exact. When Pierrot was Young is a good short read. I'm sad that it seems to have fallen off the radar. In a previous post I've talked about what I first thought when I finished reading it. You can read that here. It has everything that a good book for children should have; humour, drama and something to make you think. I hope that it will one day become popular for children again. It deserves to be.

So that is my cunning plan. I'm off now to find other short books to read!
The lesson I learned from this page was,
don't upset fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment