Saturday 28 June 2014

Cycle to work madness...

A couple of weeks ago I decided that it would be fun to cycle to work. Work is twenty miles away by bike and so I thought it would be easy enough to get there.

I was right in that it was fun. I was wrong when I thought it would be easy. The first half was alright, but then the path along the canal disappeared and I was left to cycle on grass at best and rocky bumps at worst. It wasn't long before I decided to get off the canal towpath and take to the roads.

A smart move until I got lost. Well sort of lost, I had a rough idea where I was. Even so I had to ask for directions. I did get to work, and was feeling satisfied as I went to lock my bike up. The satisfaction didn't last long when my bike lock broke in my hands. (How do these things break?) I was so baffled by such an unexpected event that I just stood and looked at it for a while, before I went in search of a solution.

Exercise before work is great, I enjoyed the experience. However, for my body cycling equates to holiday time, which equates to afternoon naps. By mid afternoon I was fighting to stay awake, and at the end of the day getting the train home seemed a better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment