Monday 30 June 2014

Sofa Shelf Update - A Day of Reading

I've had a whole day to read and this is what happened:

A Life's Ambition - Alexandre Dumas

The adventures I've been reading about have been funny. He is now in a tropical location fighting off snakes and trying to earn a living.


The Journal of Madame Giovanni - Alexandre Dumas


War between the British and Maori tribes has just brought her visit to New Zealand to an end. Not sure where she will end up next.


The Prince of Thieves - Alexandre Dumas


Shocking revelations, turns out Robin Hood is really the Earl of Huntingdon. Will he be able to take back his title and lands? More excitement than a soap opera.


The Scarlet Letter and Selected Tales - Nathaniel Hawthorne


It is much better the second time round, I am enjoying his description more than in his other books. Although it has not been said I think that we all know who the father of Pearl is!



Deception Point - Dan Brown

I am very surprised but I like this book a lot. I know it has been out for ages and I'm slow in getting to read it, but I am very glad that I did. It is different to the Langdon stories and I think I like that there isn't much cultural information to absorb - I'm all about getting to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment