Tuesday 1 July 2014

Sofa Shelf

Three newbies this week:

The Neapolitan Lovers - Alexandre Dumas

Would love this to be about ice cream, but it is not. Very dramatic start though, with the French ambassador declaring war on France and then storming out. Brilliant beginning.

How to Find Fulfilling Work - Roman Krznaric

I'm not reading this book because I'm on the hunt for a new job, I am in hurry to leave my present job, but because I know a lot of people who have just graduated and are looking for work. I'm curious to know what drives people to choose their careers and why they don't always find them fulfilling. What I want to know is, how does what the Bible says about work change what I think of as fulfilling. I don't expect to find the answer in this book, but I hope that it will help to get me thinking.

Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking - Daniel C. Dennett

I like to use my brain, and I'm hoping this book will help me use it better. So far it seems very readable, but not read much yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment