Monday 7 December 2020

Sofa Spotlight - Hunger, Michael Grant

 So, this is book two in the Gone series. I picked it up because I’m really intrigued to find out what is going to happen in the FAYZ. I can’t work out how this will end so I’m thinking I’m in this now until the end of the series. Which is unfortunate because what some of the kids get up to is a bit grim and sometimes makes for uncomfortable reading.

The FAYZ stands for Fallout Alley Youth Zone, which is a massive bubble around a large part of land and a bit of sea, which appeared when there when the nuclear power plant exploded. Also, everyone over the age of 14 disappeared. Which is where it gets uncomfortable because there are kids walking around with machine guns and those who have new powers are also perceived as lethal.

There’s a lot going on in this book and it was hard to keep track of all the problems the main character Sam is trying to sort out. I felt exhausted just contemplating his list so no wonder he was close to a break down. But the biggest one is sorting out the lines that being drawn between those with powers and those without and how do you stop society deteriorating to mob rule.

Now I just need to decide if I can handle the third book!

No comments:

Post a Comment