Friday 2 January 2015

Book of the Year 2014

I have lost count of how many books I have read this year. I can remember marching through the Dan Brown books and working my through some of Nathaniel Hawthorne's works. Some of them have stuck with me more than others, and when I was thinking about what has stuck with me the most there was one book that kept coming back to me.

So my favourite book that I have read this year has to be The Well Beloved by Thomas Hardy. The story itself was a bit bizarre, one man falls in love with a girl he grew up with, then with her daughter, and finally with her granddaughter, but the way it is written was great. I can still see the scenes that he described and I think that is what I love about Hardy, he does a fantastic job of painting the scene in your mind.

You can check out what I thought about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment