Saturday 24 January 2015

Neglect

This has been a poor week for reading. It would seem that life has been taken over by something else. Les Mis has been relegated from a book that I am reading to something else entirely. I supposed that one day its thickness would have a use, and lo, I was right.

For the past week or so I have been on a mission to turn the photograph below into a cross stitch patten and then to stitch it. While it means that I have not been reading, I have instead been watching the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, which in my opinion, is the best version ever. Poor Les Mis is being used as a stand to hold my thread, and that must be embarrassing for any sort of book but must be especially hard for one that is known as a classic. 

One day I will finish Les Mis and it can be released from its current position and restored to its classical glory on my bookshelf.



No comments:

Post a Comment