Monday 16 February 2015

Dickens on the Train

Last week I finished a book, which I am pleased about as I have not been doing very well at getting books finished of late. Not a great trait to have when I am about to embark on a new book challenge. Anyway I finished Simon Callow's book Charles Dickens and the Great Theatre of the World. I got it finished on a train journey, which was apt as part of what I read was about a train crash that Dickens was involved in.

This week I hope to achieve more finishing of books. Les Mis is in my sights as is my stitching project. Once Les Mis is off my reading list I am contemplating reading some Rudyard Kipling - I once went past his house on a walking tour of Dickens' London so I think it is probably time that I explore some of his literature. 

Anyway this is how the stitching is looking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment