Thursday 5 February 2015

A Sensible Challenge

It's been a while since I have had chance to write a post, and what makes it worse is that I didn't finish a single book in January, so no book of the month either. Before you begin to despair let me tell you about the brilliant plan EG and I have devised. In my head it is still a bit vague, but I'm sure it will all work out in the end. 

So the plan is to read all the Jane Austen novels and then watch all the TV adaptations (preferably the BBC ones but in some cases ITV will have to do). We were going to start this week but it dawned on me that my copy of the complete Austen novels isn't on my shelf. With no idea where it was, I had to spend a lunch break scouring the charity shops for another copy of Sense & Sensibility. It was successful in the end, but I was alarmed at how few Austen novels were available for purchase. EG then discovered that she can't find her copy, which delayed the challenge further.

We are still working on a time frame, a small part of me wants to do it all in 24 hours but I doubt that EG will be in favour of that. What we didn't really think through is that we have just finished watching Sense & Semsibility, may be overkill to read then watch it again in such a short space of time. If you feel inspired you could always join us in our challenge - the first part is to find a copy of the book, and if you can beat the price I had to pay for my new second hand copy I will be impressed. It was 25p so all the best with that (and a penny off Amazon doesn't count unless you can get free postage!) 

Nearly forgot to say, while we were watching Sense & Sensibility I was stitching like a mad stitching person. I still am stitching away most evenings as I try to finish my first commission. If you look at a previous post you will see the picture that I am working from, but below is a picture of how it is going so far.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment