Monday 17 February 2020

Sofa Spotlight - Animal Farm, George Orwell


Like 1984 and The Catcher in the Rye this was on my must read list. And I liked it considerably more than either of those two. Like 1984 George Orwell really does make some very accurate points.

Animal Farm begins on a farm where the animals led by the pigs drive out the people and begin to run the farm themselves. They make rules about not becoming like people but over time these rules seem to be eroded by their leaders, the pigs. The ending is very interesting but you need to read it to find out why. 

I would say that Animal Farm is just as readable as 1984 if not more so. The parallels to Communism are clear but there are some parallels that I feel I am missing. The character of Snowball is one such parallel. Research will be done but if you can shed some light on this comment below and let me know.


Very glad that this was on my to read pile and I think it is one that should be read by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment