Monday 3 February 2020

Sofa Spotlight - Keep Her Close, Erik Therme


Another thriller in the same vein as The Girl on the Train or A Stranger in the House but maybe not as good. I picked this up because I very much enjoyed Mortom by Erik Therme. It’s not that this isn’t a good book it just wasn’t as enjoyable. I found myself having to suspend belief quite a bit.

However, I did read this in one afternoon and it kept me hooked from beginning to end. So if you’re looking for a rainy afternoon read this could be what you need. The story follows Ally, who was abandoned as a three year old. Fifteen years later and her adoptive parents have now split and she receives a message claiming to be from her real dad wanting to connect. 

She goes for it and promptly disappears. The book is about the search carried out by her adoptive parents and the outlandish behaviour of her adoptive dad. Like I said, had to suspend belief a fair bit, ok a lot, but it is fast paced and you defiantly can’t describe it as dull. It lacked that creepy tension that I’ve come to know and love in books of this genre. By the end I was possibly only reading to get a bit of closure and to see what crazy sub plot or plot twist was going to come next. 


Give it a read and let me know if you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment