Monday 27 July 2020

Sofa Spotlight - Much Ado About Nothing, William Shakespeare

I’m in two minds about how I feel about my Shakespeare journey. Just when I think that I’m starting to enjoy his plays I meet ones that just baffle me and leave me regretting my decision. Much Ado about Nothing is one of those plays.

The plot follows to sets of lovers, Claudio and Hero and Beatrice and Benedick. Beatrice and Benedick are the more interesting of the two because they have decided to not marry ever but then it’s fun watching them fall in love. Claudio, on the other hand, seemed to be a bit of muppet when it comes to believing people, he should know better than to trust.

 But it all comes right in the end even for Claudio, who I don’t think didn’t really appreciate Hero enough. I didn’t enjoy this play as it seemed to be on the stressful side. But I could follow it so that puts it slightly higher in my estimation. Not sure I liked it enough to recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment