Tuesday 19 August 2014

Sofa Shelf

Two newbies:

No Guts No Glory - edited by Alan Stewart

This a book on youth ministry with contributions from Tim Thornborough and Steve Couch among others. I'm not involved in youth ministry but I have friends who are. Although I've read this book before, I wanted to reread it so that I could understand where they are coming from when they talk about how it is going for them.

Thinking - edited  by John Brockman

Seems to be the week for books of compilations. This one has contributions from Daniel C. Dennett and Daniel Kahneman and others involved in psychology, neuroscience and philosophy. Not all of them are called Daniel. It's a collection of essays about how we think. I wasn't altogether sure what this book was about, nor am I sure I will understand it, but I'm going to have a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment