Monday 22 December 2014

Bats in the Belfry?

Once again the weather is foul, but I have been able to avoid and spend sometime reading. And stitching of course. Nothing has been finished, but I have started a new book. It is a biography of Charles Dickens, and it is apt that as I write The Mystery of Edwin Drood is on TV. It is one of the few novels by Dickens that I haven't read because I have always been put off by the fact that it was never finished. Having seen the BBC's version I have changed my mind and one day I intend to read it.

With book in one hand and stitching in the other I have managed to finish stitching a bat. Which has already been mistaken for a reindeer. It's fine I shall console myself by tring to finish Les Mis, only 350 pages to go, how hard can it be to get it done by Christmas? 

EG is reading hard to finish our book challenge. I think that out of the two of us she is the only one that stands a chance of accomplishing our goal. I am looking forward to the challenges that we will have next year. They are going to be good, some are more energitic than others. 

I've started to think about life after Les Mis. One of the things that I want to do is watch the film, but I also want to start reading some of the works of Rudyard Kipling. So watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment