Saturday 6 December 2014

What if your name was Sherlock?

I'm reading a book called Mastermind: how to think like Sherlock Holmes. Which got me thinking, if you had the brain of Sherlock Holmes what would you do with it? If you had that brain would you use it for solving crime, like Sherlock himself, or would you put it to a different use?

In the original Sherlock Holmes novels, Sherlock has a brother, Mycroft, who has chosen a different career path. If it was me, I think that I would be more inclined to do something other than detective work. I find Mycroft's role in the government more appealing. Or maybe I could use it to write detective novels. There really is no end to the possibilities that have gone through my mind! 

What about you? How would you use Sherlock's mighty brain? Or do you have a favourite line from the original Conan Doyle stories?

I once spent a summer reading my way through all the Sherlock Holmes stories. It was a good way to spend a summer and reading them all in succession helped to give me a feel for the characters of Holmes and Watson. I think that I was not only shocked by the stupidity of Watson, which I already knew about, but the arrogance of Holmes that was almost absurd. Well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment