Monday 15 December 2014

Bugs and Stuff

I had a very happy weekend curled up with some books and a little bit of stitching too. The weather was perfect for it. I love to read when it is pouring with rain or blowing a gale, or even if it is just cold out there.

Remarkably for me I stuck to just two books, Les Mis and The Cuckoo's Calling. Both are hard to put down, and I think I must be three quarters of the way through both of them. I am now 901 pages into Les Mis and my goal of finishing it before Christmas is becoming more realistic. With less than 100 pages of The Cuckoo's Calling left to go, I still cannot fathom out who the murderer is. It's one that I hope to finish this week - I can bear the suspense no more!

Tomorrow is an exciting day because I will start a new book. I wanted to start it at the weekend but it didn't happen for me. The above explains why. It looks good and I have high hopes for it. You will have to come back soon to find out what it is.

Having finished stitching the badger I moved on to stitch the weird bug below. I got the face a bit wrong, so she has more of an evil expression than the contented face that the pattern showed!


No comments:

Post a Comment