Tuesday 30 December 2014

What could be better than Christmas reading?

Not a lot in my opinion. I've been reading a couple of books. Les Mis doesn't seem to have a last page, but I press on all the same. At present there is a revolution in progress and I cannot see it ending well. I have a favourite character, a small street boy, but I'm worried he may end up dead too. I am bracing myself for the end.

I did manage to finish the Cuckoo's Calling, and you can find out what I thought about it here.

Also I did some reading of Charles Dickens and the Great Theatre of the World. I wanted to read this because I enjoyed a biography of Jane Austen and I really like Dickens. It has a more somber feel to it than The Real Jane Austen, but I am interested by what I am reading.

Christmas wouldn't have been complete without some stitching and this is what I managed to get done:


No comments:

Post a Comment